It’s almost two weeks since we published our Request For Comments 1 document and the response has been tremendous. Many thanks to everyone: we really appreciate all your feedback. It leaves us set to roar into the Year of the Tiger with a very clear picture of how JFDI can work.
We will post a detailed summary of all the feedback on the Google Group in the next day or so, but meanwhile to summarise:
- We have had over 250 downloads of the document.
- 30 people came to a public meeting the day after the RFC was published
- We have received perhaps 40 sets of written comments, some very detailed
- The overwhelming reaction is positive, with recognition that JFDI fills a gap in the ecosystem here
- No one has yet pointed out to us a giant hole in the plans
- We are in active discussion with several potential core funders
- A wide range of investors, who are really our potential customers, have expressed interest
- We have two major partnership discussions underway
Our plan for the next couple of weeks is to progress all the above and to build the feedback we’ve received into a detailed business plan. We will publish as much of that as commercial confidentiality allows.
In early March, over the course of a couple of days, we intend to hold a run through of the entire JFDI.asia process, from generating business opportunities through to investor pitches. Please let us know if you would like to be involved.